We regulate to a number of standards, codes and guidelines. We have also entered into a number of memoranda of understanding with other agencies.
Statement of expectations
The Victorian Government's expectations of us as a regulator are outlined in statements from our Ministers.
The current Statement of Expectations (SOE) sets expectations in the areas of:
- home schooling
- apprenticeships and traineeships.
- Education and Training Reform Act 2006 - establishes the VRQA and outlines our responsibilities under Chapter 4 and Part 5.5.
- Education and Training Reform Regulations 2017 - outlines our responsibilities.
- Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000 - we are an approving authority for certain types of providers intending to deliver courses to overseas students in Victoria.
- Child Wellbeing And Safety Act 2005 - Outlines our role as the relevant authority to assess our regulated entities' compliance against the child safe standards.