Home schooling and senior secondary certificates

Be aware of what commercial entities can and cannot deliver.

Monday, 29 May 2023 at 12:46 am

Recent media reports suggest that students can complete a Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) at home through a commercial education entity.

In Victoria, students can only complete a senior secondary qualification if they enrol with a registered school or non-school senior secondary or foundation secondary provider.

Commercial entities are not authorised to deliver the:

  • VCE, including the VCE Vocational Major
  • Victorian Pathways Certificate (VPC)
  • International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB).

The VRQA does not endorse any commercial programs or curriculum.

If you are unsure if an education provider is registered to deliver senior secondary or foundation secondary courses, you can search the State Register. It lists all registered education providers, qualifications and courses available in Victoria.

For more information, see: